Written by B
Now, as you will have seen in my Instagram posts this week, I got a new facial piercing, my right nostril. Yeah, yeah, they’re not for everyone but they are for me. I’m using this blog post to talk about steps I take when I apply makeup to a new piercing and some products I use.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a professional piercer, so all these are MY opinions and what I’ve found works for me.
1. Makeup sure your skin around your piercing is clean and dry. I always rinse with saline and use a Q-Tip.
2. Don’t apply makeup directly on the piercing. I like to keep my makeup to JUST barely touching it. Yeah, it will look red, but it’s better red than infected. I also use concealer only, as foundation can be quick thick, depending. You use what you know works best for you.
3. Use a light translucent powder. I always set my makeup with Coty Powder but I always just use a tiny brush and gently, GENTLY set the concealer or foundation around the piercing.
4. DON’T FIDDLE WITH IT. Once it’s done, just leave it be. The more you mess with it the more you risk getting makeup in the new piercing.
1. Use a sponge. The Real Techniques Sponge – It is gentle and won’t hurt too much when you press around the piercing. Make sure it’s clean though!
2. Use a small concealer brush for precise application.
3. Use a lightweight concealer or foundation.
That’s it. That’s all I do to make myself look as flawless as possible while till keeping my piercing clean.